Biking Resources When You Live at 82 Flats
Indianapolis is a bike-friendly city that has options for all levels of riders and plenty of bicycle shops. If you live in apartments on 82nd Street, then many of these options are close by. A quick trip can get you some excellent products and advice to match. Check out these sources for biking and bicycle maintenance near Keystone at the Crossing.
Top Biking Trails
One of the hazards of biking is picking a trail that is bike-friendly and well-maintained. Luckily, Indianapolis prides itself on its biking offerings and includes trails for everyone. Here are some of the best:
- Fall Creek Greenway-This trail has an access point almost directly on 82nd Street with nearby parking. It stretches across 22.6 miles all the way from Geist Reservoir to Riverside Park or the riverfront near IUPUI. The trail map shows access points, parking, and more trail details.
- Central Canal Towpath-If you’re looking for a shorter ride with water views, this is the one for you. It’s over 5 miles long and has some additional features. It connects to both the Monon Trail and the White River Wapahani Trail. You could also use it to get to the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Butler University, and more. It has access points north in Broad Ripple at Westfield Ave. and Broad Ripple Ave. and south near 30th Street at Riverside Regional Park.
- Town Run Trail-Mountain bikers welcome! This trail is specifically for bikers, particularly those who want an experience catered to mountain bikers and with multi-level trails. The South Loop is located just across the White River from 82 Flats at the Crossing.
Top Biking Shops
Riding your bike may be great, but what happens when you’re ready for an upgrade or need some specialty maintenance? 82 Flats at the Crossing and its prime location keep you close to not only biking trails but also biking shops. These shops are both local to Indiana and one is exclusive to Indianapolis.
- Bicycle Garage Indy-This extensive store is right off of East 82nd Street and has an ample collection of bicycles and bike equipment. Their multiple locations also make it easy to find repairs you can trust when you travel with your bike around Indiana. Huge bonus! When you live at 82 Flats, you can either bike or walk there because the Bicycle Garage and 82 Flats are connected by a parking lot!
- The Bike Line-This shop is located in Broad Ripple, so it’s easy to get to during a ride if you take the Central Canal Towpath. They also offer kids’ bikes and biking apparel. They even host group rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Biking can take it out of you, so when you’re ready to relax, come home quickly to our apartments on 82nd Street in Indianapolis. At 82 Flats at the Crossing, you can relax your muscles in the saltwater pool or do a cool-down routine in our state-of-the-art fitness center. When you’re ready to explore our luxury offerings, you can call: (317) 661-2850.